Saturday, September 28, 2019

Workshop, a "Shelf"ie Update, and Band Day!

Happy Fall! It's been a great few weeks in ELA. We made it through one week of Workshop, and I think the general consensus is that it's a great time! We really enjoy the small-group lessons and choice time. We have been focusing on writing RACE responses to text and I am excited to see how much we continue to learn in Workshop this year!


When tasked to write a RACE response, students created their own mini-groups to work together to write a solid response. Proud teacher moment for sure!

Another small group writing a RACE response!
Our "Shelf"ie wall is filling rapidly! We have now filled the top shelf and are working on filling up the next shelf. (I must say ... I am looking forward to the day when I don't have to stand on a desk to staple these things to the wall ....!) Keep up the fantastic reading everyone!


I had the privilege of watching our band students perform at the Central York HS Football game last night! They did a fantastic job! So proud of you all!




Question of the Week: Use imagery to describe what you love most about Fall.